Socio-Economic Development Value
- Budget of € 96 million privately financed
- Materials manufactured in Croatia: 90% ensuring FDI Croatian job creation: €91 million (95% of budget)
- 1000 new jobs created during construction and 20 full-time for operations (average monthly net wage: €1.622)
- Government VAT earnings from bridge construction is € 9 million and € 2 million/ year from tolls.
- Improved connections will generate economic and social development in Neretva and Pelješac regions, as well as neighboring BiH
- Marco Polo Bridge opens for full operations by summer season 2017
- Receives more than 175,000 cars and 55,000 trucks and busses per month