Access and Transitions
Example Bridge Crossover and Exit
- 18th Street Bridge with existing bike path serves as river cross-over to Ping Tom Memorial Park, which has Water Taxi and DIVVY bike.
- Using existing bridge eliminates need for “flyover” investments.
- Going “up and over” path of existing river traffic there is no conflict with pathway.
- Pathway connection to existing Parks increases Park relevance/visitorship.
- Enhances multi-modal transportation hub with sustainable mode.
Access and transition solutions are tailored to meet particular needs of location and context, and subject to further study.
A River Runs Through It
|CONNECTING CHICAGO||NO NEGATIVE IMPACT TO RIVER TRAFFIC|