Let’s harness Mayor Emanuel’s vision:
“The Chicago River should be an asset that people across the city enjoy…we need projects to increase use of the river ways by Chicagoans."
Let’s innovate with existing floating solutions to create something magical:
River Ride: a year-round, car-free bicycle pathway floating on the Chicago River between Horner and Ping Tom Parks.
Let’s make a huge and immediate impact by creating “Seperation”
- Enlarge pool of bike commuters to 2.5MM Chicagoans.
- Catapult Chicago as leading bike-friendly city with 60,000 commuters.
- Improve bike safety and alleviate pressure on overcrowded bike lanes.
- Protect riverbank while creating fish/fauna habitats to improve water.
- Create 100s of privately-funded construction and maintenance jobs.
- Be a one-of-a-kind pathway and a global tourism “must do”.