The purpose of the project is to improve the NLSD multi-modal transportation facility. The specific needs to be addressed throughout the study include: improve safety, improve mobility for non-motorized modes of travel, buses and automobiles, improve facility deficiencies, improve modal connections and opportunities, and improve accessibility to and from Lincoln Park, the Lakefront Trail and the adjacent communities.
Improvement needs vary throughout the seven-mile study area and fall into one of five categories:
- Improve safety for all users.
- Improve mobility for all users.
- Address infrastructure deficiencies.
- Improve access and circulation.
- Improve modal connections and opportunities.